How can the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program Help if I Had a Vaccine Reaction?
Financial help is available if you’ve had a severe vaccine reaction in Texas. In 1986 Congress established the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP) to pay people with severe vaccine reactions. This federal program provides payouts totaling billions of dollars to thousands of individuals who experienced vaccine reactions, including those in Texas.
Texas residents can file a claim in the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program because it’s a Federal program open to anyone in the US.
IMPORTANT: COVID-19 Vaccine Injury Info
How do I File a Vaccine Injury Compensation Program Claim in Texas?
- The first step for Texans to file a vaccine injury claim is to hire an attorney who is licensed to practice in the Vaccine Court.
- The vaccine injury attorneys at mctlaw file your case and submit all evidence to the court, including expert witnesses and medical records.
- Our team represents you throughout the process and advocates for you. We consult with your doctors and outside medical experts when necessary.
To be eligible to file a claim, the effects of the vaccine injury must meet the following criteria:
- The vaccine must be covered by the VICP.
- The claim must be filed before the VICP’s eligibility deadline.
- The effects of the injury must last for more than 6 months after receiving the vaccine, or
- Result in a hospital stay and surgery, or
- Result in death.
The VICP offers assistance to individuals and families in Texas dealing with vaccine-related injuries. If you believe you meet the eligibility criteria for compensation under the VICP, our team of vaccine injury lawyers can evaluate your case and represent you in the program at no cost to you.
Find Out Right Now if You Have a Vaccine Injury Claim
Your case review is free. If we file your claim, you pay absolutely NO legal fees.
Case Results for Texas Vaccine Injuries
The vaccine injury attorneys at mctlaw have won over $10 million from the VICP for our vaccine injured clients.
We have gotten our clients money for injuries like:
- Guillain-Barré Syndrome
- Thrombocytopenic Purpura ITP
- Brachial Plexopathy
- Neurological Injury
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Transverse Myelitis
Why Hire mctlaw Attorneys for Your Texas Vaccine Injury Case?
- The lawyers at mctlaw have represented vaccine injury clients in all 50 states for nearly 25 years.
- Our team has won our clients over $300 million in the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program.
- We won the highest single financial award in the history of the vaccine program for one of our clients.
- View a selection of our vaccine injury case results, with over 700 successful outcomes for our clients.
- Proven track record of representing residents of Texas in the VICP
Do I Need to Hire a Vaccine Injury Attorney in Texas?
For Texas residents, ALL vaccine claims must be submitted to the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, located in Washington, D.C. The Court of Federal Claims is commonly known as the Vaccine Court because of this. These cases are not file at local or state courthouses within Texas. Instead, they are specifically filed in Washington, D.C., within the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, by attorneys who are members of the Court of Federal Claims Bar.
It is important to hire a vaccine injury lawyer with experience in the VICP (Vaccine Injury Compensation Program) rather than solely focusing on finding one near your location in Texas. The VICP website lists 202 vaccine injury lawyers practicing across the entire United States and 10 of those lawyers are from mctlaw.
It’s more important to hire an attorney with experience in the VICP than hiring a lawyer close to your location. A lawyer who regularly practices in the VICP will give you a strong opportunity of getting compensation through the program.
Having Trouble Deciding Who Will Represent You in Your Vaccine Case?
We make it easy with our simple guide to choosing the right lawyer for your vaccine case.
What Vaccines are Covered by the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program?
The following is a list of vaccinations covered by the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program:
- Seasonal Flu Shot
- Tetanus Toxoid-Containing Vaccines – DTaP, Tdap, DTP-Hib, DT, Td, TT
- Pertussis Antigen-Containing Vaccines – DTaP, Tdap, DTP, P, DTP-Hib
- Measles, Mumps & Rubella Virus-Containing Vaccines in any Combination – MMR, MR, M, R
- Rubella Virus-Containing Vaccines – MMR, MR, R
- Measles Virus-Containing Vaccines – MMR, MR, M
- Polio Live Virus Vaccines – OPV
- Hepatitis B Antigen-Containing Vaccines
- Haemophilus Influenzae – Type B Polysaccharide Conjugate Vaccines
- Varicella Vaccine – Chickenpox Virus Vaccine
- Rotavirus Vaccine
- Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccines
- Hepatitis A Vaccines
- Meningococcal Vaccines – Meningococcal Polysaccharide Vaccine (MPSV4), Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccine (MCV4)
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Vaccines
- Polio Inactivated Virus – IPV
Download Our Guide to the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program
- Learn how the vaccine injury attorneys can help you
- Find out who is eligible to file a claim
- What vaccines are covered
- How to choose a vaccine injury lawyer
- Medical records needed
Content Reviewed by Jessica Olins – Vaccine Injury Lawyer
Jessica A. Olins’ practice at mctlaw, focuses on representing clients in the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program. Ms. Olins graduated with a Bachelor’s degree from Redlands University and graduated from American University Washington College of Law. While at Redlands University, Ms. Olins excelled in leading and training her colleagues through new developments in spatial mapping, involving geographic information system software and geodatabase management applications. Her law practice also involves engaging in subpoena enforcement in federal district courts nationwide. Ms. Olins is a member of the Vaccine Injury Practitioners Bar Committee, assisting in the preparation and organization of the VIP Bar Conferences. Ms. Olins is a member of the American Association for Justice and its New Lawyers Division. Additionally, Ms. Olins is a member of the Young Lawyers Division of the United States Court of Federal Claims.
This page was last updated on:
Find out right now if you have a vaccine injury claim
Your Case Review is Free. Don’t Wait to Get Help Because There is a Deadline.
COVID-19 Vaccines are NOT Eligible
As an experienced leader in these types of lawsuits, we were confident the firm would have the expertise. However, what surprised us most was the high level of excellent customer service from the firm’s staff!Pat R.
I can’t recommend this firm enough. They have an outstanding team that truly care for their clients…I have been awarded a fair six figure settlement.Nate M.
When I say “they went to bat” for me…this Law Firm literally did just that. They persevered to bring the hard-nosed Manufacturer to settle and provide me some recompense for everything I had to endure which led to this suit.Me’Chelle