About the Meningococcal Vaccine
Vaccines can help prevent meningococcal disease, which is any type of illness caused by Neisseria meningitidis bacteria. There are 2 types of meningococcal vaccines available in the United States:
- Meningococcal conjugate or MenACWY vaccines (Menactra® and Menveo®)
- Serogroup B meningococcal or MenB vaccines (Bexsero® and Trumenba®)
All 11 to 12 year olds are advised to get a meningococcal conjugate vaccine, with a booster dose at 16 years old. Teens and young adults (16 through 23 year olds) also may get a serogroup B meningococcal vaccine. The CDC also recommends meningococcal vaccination for other children and adults who are at increased risk for meningococcal disease.
Guillain-Barré Syndrome GBS
GBS is an autoimmune disorder that causes your immune system to attack the protective layer around the nerves. The symptoms of GBS can begin several days after an immunization like the meningococcal shot.
While most side effects of the meningitis vaccine are minor (such as low-grade fever or swelling at the injection site), severe reactions have been reported. These include:
- Anaphylaxis (severe allergic reaction)
- Dizziness or fainting
- Exceptionally high fever
- Weakness in the arms and legs
- Brain damage
- Jerking movements
- Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS)
- Onset of physical or intellectual disability
See How Much We’ve Won For Our Vaccine Injury Clients
See a list of mctlaw’s client awards. The entire dollar amount shown goes directly to our clients because our legal fees are paid separately by the Federal Court
How the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program Works
- mctlaw files all vaccine injury cases through the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (NVICP), a special no-fault court designed to compensate individuals who suffer severe vaccine injuries. Because mctlaw’s legal fees are paid directly by the NVICP, you will never pay any money to our firm–even if you receive compensation for your vaccine injury. In fact, it is illegal for attorneys to charge clients any fees related to an NVICP case.
- According to the U.S. Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), for every one million vaccines administered in the U.S., there is one NVICP payout. Because there are such strict regulations to qualify for NVICP compensation, having attorneys with extensive vaccine court experience is key to your case.
- Vaccine injury payouts can happen two different ways: as a direct compensation from the NVICP, or as the result of an out-of-court settlement. According to the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), the average length of time from filing to receiving a payout is about two to three years.
In-Court Compensation for Vaccine Injury:
In order to receive compensation from the court, the petitioner must prove that there is a causal relationship between the vaccine and the injury. This means the petitioner must show that the vaccine was the logical cause of the injury. This requires the petitioner’s attorneys to present evidence such as:
- Medical theories–such as peer-reviewed, scientific studies–showing a connection between a particular vaccine and a particular injury.
- A plausible series of events showing a cause-and-effect relationship between the vaccine and the injury
- A timeline that clearly connects the injury to the vaccine
Out-of-Court Vaccine Injury Settlements:
According to the Health Resources Services Administration (HRSA), about “70 percent of all compensation awarded by the VICP comes as a result of a negotiated settlement.” Negotiated settlements may happen outside of court when the Department of Health and Human Services has not concluded that the vaccine caused the injury. HRSA notes that negotiated settlements typically reduce the time and cost of litigating a case.
Find out right now if you have a vaccine injury claim
Your Case Review is Free. Don’t Wait to Get Help Because There is a Deadline.
Our Law Firm DOES NOT provide vaccine exemptions or offer medical advice of any kind.
My experience with mctlaw for my hip claim was remarkable, I found the communication to be outstanding. I also felt they did an excellent job setting expectations and then delivering on those stated expectations. From net amount, timing of the settlement, how much each related party would receive etc. they were outstanding. I would highly recommend them. They are very professional and set the bar in vaccine injury practice.
Five stars for Maglio Christopher and Toale! Paralegal Leslie Williams did an outstanding job communicating with us and keeping us informed. Thanks for all the help.
I am excited to be receiving my final payment so I can put all this behind me. I am really grateful to everyone who played a part in getting me this well deserved settlement as my life has been negatively impacted over the years.
We cannot thank you enough for the services your firm has provided for Marie and I in our time of need. I could not have chosen a finer firm near or far to represent us.
John and Marie (Last Name Withheld for Privacy)
My first response is “Wow!” It has only been 11 months since I first heard of “SIRVA” and an HHS program that awarded compensation to its victims and only 7 months since MC&T accepted my case. I feel that your efforts on my part made all the difference.
Thanks to you I am living comfortably in my own home with assistance. After my devastating GBS diagnosis from the flu vaccine six years ago, I didn’t know what to do. Thank goodness I found you and your law firm. Thank you so much!
Name Withheld for Privacy
Alison is a phenomenal attorney… When she put together the demand letter she was able to explain what I had been through and how I had felt… I want to thank your firm but personally thank all that had a hand in resolving my case.
Name Withheld for Privacy
The past 10 months have been a whirlwind to say the least but we are truly thankful, grateful and appreciative of …all you have done for our family. This is truly life changing for us. The weight that this lifts off of our shoulders and the peace of mind it will give us….its priceless. So again, thank you.
Name Withheld for Privacy of a Minor Child
Thank you so much. It was so nice to deal with someone who treated us with respect and had a true interest in our future. This would not have happened without your hard work. Please tell anyone who helped with this that we truly appreciate it.
Martin (Last Name Withheld)
I am so grateful for all of your time and tireless work that you have put into resolving my case. Most sincere thanks.
I just wanted to thank you for your help over the past 3 years…Thank you for negotiating with the DOJ in order to get as much as we could under the circumstance…It has been a pleasure having you and your wonderful staff here to assist me in this long and tedious effort.
Name Withheld for Privacy
Thank you for all of your efforts all along to help resolve lifelong issues I will always have due to this defective implant. You have held my hand through a lot and each and everyone of you at MCT are appreciated for all of your efforts.
Name Withheld for Privacy
Mr. Maglio, I want you to know the appreciation I have for Diana Stadelnikas and her team for the effort they have put into my wife’s claim! The settlement negotiation they achieved (in a very frustrating situation) is outstanding! While there’s a way to go yet, I want to assure you will they have my full confidence and gratitude to the finish! I know you must be proud of your people!
I thank you so much for your diligent and hard work on my behalf. You are a thoroughly professional and pleasant person and I am grateful for having you on my case.