There are several types of Thrombocytopenia. The most common, Immune Thrombocytopenia Purpura (ITP), is linked to the measles, mumps, and rubella vaccine (MMR). However, MMR may not be the only vaccine to trigger ITP. Diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis (DTP) or diphtheria, tetanus and acellular pertussis (DTaP) vaccine, and the varicella vaccine may as well, though findings aren’t as strong with these as with the MMR vaccine to ITP.
COVID-19 Vaccine Injuries are NOT covered by the VICP.
What Is Thrombocytopenia?
Thrombocytopenia is a rare blood disorder, which occurs when your blood platelet count is low. Platelets are the blood cells that clump together to form clots to stop bleeding. Immune Thrombocytopenia Purpura (ITP) is typically caused by a response in which your immune system mistakenly attacks and destroys its own platelets. When the platelet count is low, the clot won’t form, and this can cause easy or excessive bruising and bleeding.
Can I Get Vaccine Injury Compensation for ITP?
Yes, mctlaw has won hundreds of millions of dollars in compensation for clients with severe reactions to immunizations through the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP), a billion-dollar trust fund set up by the federal government to pay for these cases.
Recently, we represented an 8-year-old boy who developed a severe case of ITP after getting his MMR shot. His mother noticed reddish-purple spots on his arms and legs, some random bruises, and most concerning, small amounts of dried blood in his nostrils. At the hospital, they found his blood platelet count dangerously low. The treatments didn’t fix his platelet count and his ITP accelerated to spontaneous nosebleeds and even worse bruising. Over the next three years, he was in and out of the ER. Doctors used a combination of treatments to stabilize his blood counts. Now, his blood is still routinely monitored, he can’t participate in many activities, like contact sports, and always needs to be near medical facilities equipped to handle his ITP. He will be on immunotherapies for the rest of his life. His mctlaw vaccine injury team won a $176,500 compensation settlement from the VICP to cover past and future medical expenses related to his injury, as well as an amount for pain, suffering, and emotional distress.
Our attorneys represent Immune Thrombocytopenia Purpura (ITP) clients in all 50 states in the Federal Vaccine Court at NO COST to you. This is because the federal government pays our legal fees for you. Our clients keep EVERY dollar awarded to them in compensation.
How Do I File a Claim in the VICP?
First, you must meet the vaccine program’s basic requirements to file a claim: Your injury must be related to a vaccine covered by the program. You can check here for a complete list of covered vaccines. COVID-19 vaccines are NOT covered.
– Your injury must have lasted more than 6 months after the vaccination.
– You were hospitalized or had surgery due to your vaccine shot or the vaccine injury resulted in death.
If you meet these basic requirements, mctlaw will review your case for FREE to see if you qualify to file a claim in the VICP. Here’s what our attorneys need:
– The date you were vaccinated and a copy of your vaccination records.
– Medical records of your first treatment following symptoms.
– The most recent medical records of your last treatment.
– Test results related to your vaccine injury.
Diagnosed with ITP After a Vaccine?
One of our highly experienced vaccine attorneys can review your case for free
Having Trouble Deciding Who Will Represent You in Your Vaccine Case?
We make it easy with our simple guide to choosing the right lawyer for your vaccine case.
Why mctlaw Over Any Other Injury Firm?
- For over 20 years mctlaw has won thousands of cases on a national scale in vaccine injury compensation. See a sampling of more than 700 of those case results.
- Our firm won the single largest financial compensation in the VICP’s history, and
- Our attorneys won more compensation in the last 5 years than any other law firm in the entire United States.
- You will NEVER pay us to represent you and will keep ALL the compensation you receive.
- Mctlaw is one of the most technologically advanced law firms in the US. It allows us to work more efficiently and makes the process simple for our clients.
– Easy or excessive bruising
– Pin-sized reddish-purple dots, usually appearing on the lower legs
– Bleeding from your gums or nose
– Blood in your urine or stool
– Unusually heavy menstrual flow
Content Reviewed by Anne Carrión Toale – Vaccine Injury Lawyer
Anne Carrión Toale, Esq. is a vaccine injury attorney at mctlaw. Anne helps vaccine injury clients get compensation from the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (NVICP) before the Vaccine Court in the United States Court of Federal Claims. Ms. Toale has served as past president of the Vaccine Injured Petitioners Bar Association, where she provided education and assistance to other attorneys throughout the United States practicing in the area of vaccine injury compensation.
This page was last updated:
Find out right now if you have a vaccine injury claim
Your Case Review is Free. Don’t Wait to Get Help Because There is a Deadline.
COVID-19 Vaccines are NOT Eligible
As an experienced leader in these types of lawsuits, we were confident the firm would have the expertise. However, what surprised us most was the high level of excellent customer service from the firm’s staff!Pat R.
I can’t recommend this firm enough. They have an outstanding team that truly care for their clients…I have been awarded a fair six figure settlement.Nate M.
When I say “they went to bat” for me…this Law Firm literally did just that. They persevered to bring the hard-nosed Manufacturer to settle and provide me some recompense for everything I had to endure which led to this suit.Me’Chelle