What is Guillain-Barré Syndrome?
Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS) is a disorder of the nervous system that causes a person’s immune system to attack its peripheral nervous system. It has a range of symptoms that can vary from a feeling of pins and needles to paralysis. A type of GBS is also known as Acute Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy (AIDP).
IMPORTANT: COVID-19 Vaccine Injury Info
How do People in Florida get Guillain-Barré Syndrome
One of the most common ways that people in Florida get GBS is from a vaccine. The vaccine that causes GBS most frequently is the flu shot. Out of all the GBS cases we have successfully represented, 88% of them were from the flu shot. In addition to the flu shot, the HPV vaccine is also linked with GBS as a vaccine reaction.
Find Out Right Now if You Have a Vaccine Injury Claim
Your case review is free. If we file your claim, you pay absolutely NO legal fees.
What Should I do if I get Guillain-Barré Syndrome from a Vaccine in Florida?
You may be eligible to file a claim in the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP) if you got GBS after a vaccine or flu shot in Florida. The VICP is a federal program that pays people who have been hurt or injured by vaccines. The program has paid people billions of dollars so far for their severe vaccine reactions.
There are a few steps to follow in order to file a vaccine injury claim with the VICP:
- Hire an attorney who is licensed to practice in the Vaccine Court.
- Get a copy of your vaccine administration record from your healthcare provider. This record shows what vaccine you got and when you got the vaccine.
- Get a copy of your first doctor’s appointment for your vaccine reaction.
- Contact us to review these important documents so our vaccine injury team can review your case at no cost to you.
Our attorneys file your vaccine injury case at no cost to you. If the VICP awards you money, you keep 100% of the compensation. Our legal fees are paid directly by the court.
Mctlaw Successfully Represents Florida Clients with Guillain-Barré Syndrome in the VICP
The vaccine injury attorneys at mctlaw have won over $85 million for our clients with Guillain-Barré Syndrome. If you got GBS after a vaccine or flu shot, our team is committed to working on your behalf to get compensation for your vaccine injury.
- The lawyers at mctlaw have represented clients in all fifty states for nearly twenty-five years.
- We won the highest single financial award in the history of the vaccine program for one of our clients.
- View more than 700 of our vaccine injury case results
Am I Eligible to File a Vaccine Injury Claim in the VICP?
The VICP has several requirements for people in Florida to file a claim. They include:
- The vaccine must be one covered by the VICP
- The claim must be filed before the VICP’s eligibility deadline.
- The effects of the injury must last for more than 6 months after receiving the vaccine, or
- Result in a hospital stay and surgery, or
- Result in death.
Our team of attorneys will review your case at no cost to you if you believe you are eligible to file a claim. If the vaccine injury lawyers at mctlaw represent you there are no legal fees for you to pay.
Download Our Guide to the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program
- Learn how the vaccine injury attorneys can help you
- Find out who is eligible to file a claim
- What vaccines are covered
- How to choose a vaccine injury lawyer
- Medical records needed
Content Reviewed by Anne Carrión Toale – Vaccine Injury Lawyer
Anne Carrión Toale, Esq. is a vaccine injury attorney at mctlaw. Anne helps vaccine injury clients get compensation from the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (NVICP) before the Vaccine Court in the United States Court of Federal Claims. Ms. Toale has served as past president of the Vaccine Injured Petitioners Bar Association, where she provided education and assistance to other attorneys throughout the United States practicing in the area of vaccine injury compensation.
This page was last updated on:
Find out right now if you have a vaccine injury claim
Your Case Review is Free. Don’t Wait to Get Help Because There is a Deadline.
COVID-19 Vaccines are NOT Eligible
As an experienced leader in these types of lawsuits, we were confident the firm would have the expertise. However, what surprised us most was the high level of excellent customer service from the firm’s staff!Pat R.
I can’t recommend this firm enough. They have an outstanding team that truly care for their clients…I have been awarded a fair six figure settlement.Nate M.
When I say “they went to bat” for me…this Law Firm literally did just that. They persevered to bring the hard-nosed Manufacturer to settle and provide me some recompense for everything I had to endure which led to this suit.Me’Chelle