The Vaccine Injury Compensation Program for Florida Residents
Vaccine reactions are incredibly rare, but unexpected side effects can happen. If you’ve experienced a serious vaccine reaction in Florida, help is available. Congress established the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP) in 1986 as a no-fault program to file claims for financial payouts. The VICP trust fund has paid billions of dollars in compensation to thousands of people with adverse vaccine reactions.
Florida residents are eligible to file a claim in the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program because it’s a Federal program.
IMPORTANT: COVID-19 Vaccine Injury Info
How do I File a Vaccine Injury Compensation Program Claim in Florida?
The first step for Floridians is to hire a vaccine injury attorney to represent you in the Federal Vaccine Court located in Washington DC. Whether you or your loved one got a vaccination as an adult, child, or a senior citizen, you can seek compensation if the vaccine’s adverse effects meet the Vaccine Program’s strict criteria.
Find Out Right Now if You Have a Vaccine Injury Claim
Your case review is free. If we file your claim, you pay absolutely NO legal fees.
The effects of a vaccine injury must meet the following VICP criteria:
- The vaccine must be covered by the VICP.
- The claim must be filed before the VICP’s eligibility deadline.
- The effects of the injury must last for more than 6 months after getting the vaccine, or
- Result in a hospital stay or surgery, or
- Result in death.
The VICP provides support to individuals and families in Florida dealing with vaccine-related injuries. If you believe you meet the eligibility criteria for compensation under the VICP, our team of vaccine injury lawyers can review your case and handle the claim process for you.
You pay no legal fees to hire a vaccine injury lawyer. Our legal fees are paid directly through the VICP. If we win you a settlement, you keep 100% of that money. There is never a contingency fee to share with us.
Case Results for Florida Vaccine Injuries
The experienced vaccine injury attorneys at mctlaw have won over $18 million from the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program for our Florida clients. The average amount of compensation for our VICP clients in Florida is $162,857.
The most common vaccine injuries in Florida include:
- Guillain-Barré Syndrome
- Guillain-Barré Syndrome is frequently linked to the flu vaccine. This condition involves the patient’s immune system mistakenly attacking its own peripheral nervous system.
- Shoulder Injury Related to Vaccine Administration (SIRVA)
- SIRVA, or Shoulder Injury Related to Vaccine Administration, happens when a vaccine shot is given incorrectly \into the shoulder. Usually the shot is given too high or too deep. These injuries can limit the shoulder’s range of motion and cause severe and long-term pain. The most common injuries related to SIRVA are bursitis, torn rotator cuff, Parsonage Turner Syndrome, and frozen shoulder.
- Transverse Myelitis
- Transverse myelitis, or TM, is a neurological disorder caused by swelling of the spinal cord. It can lead to sensory damage, such as pain, weakness, numbness, paralysis, and loss of function in the lower body.
- Brachial Neuritis
- Brachial Neuritis refers to the inflammation and swelling of nerve bundles responsible for transmitting signals from the spine to the entire arm. This syndrome typically begins with a sudden onset of intense, sharp pain, or burning sensation in the shoulder and upper arm, seemingly without any identifiable cause.
Why Hire mctlaw Attorneys in Your Florida Vaccine Injury Case?
- Mctlaw has represented more clients in getting vaccine injury compensation over the past 5 years than any other law firm in the United States.
- Our attorneys secured the largest single financial award in the history of the vaccine program for one of our clients.
- We have practiced in the Vaccine Court for nearly 25 years.
- Our lawyers represent clients in all 50 states.You can review more than 700 of our case results for vaccine injury clients.
Should I Hire a Local Florida Attorney To Represent Me in a Vaccine Injury Lawsuit?
ALL vaccine claims for Florida residents must be submitted to the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, commonly known as the Vaccine Court..
These cases are not handled at the local or state courthouses in your city or state.
All vaccine injury claims must be filed in Washington, D.C.by attorneys who are members of the U.S. Court of Federal Claims Bar.
The VICP website lists 202 vaccine injury lawyers practicing across the entire United States and 10 of those lawyers are from mctlaw.
It’s more important to hire an attorney with experience in the VICP than hiring a lawyer close to your location. Their specific experience ensures that your case is handled competently through the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program.
Having Trouble Deciding Who Will Represent You in Your Vaccine Case?
We make it easy with our simple guide to choosing the right lawyer for your vaccine case.
Vaccines Covered by the VICP
The following is a list of vaccinations covered by the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program:
- Seasonal Flu Shot
- Tetanus Toxoid-Containing Vaccines – DTaP, Tdap, DTP-Hib, DT, Td, TT
- Pertussis Antigen-Containing Vaccines – DTaP, Tdap, DTP, P, DTP-Hib
- Measles, Mumps & Rubella Virus-Containing Vaccines in any Combination – MMR, MR, M, R
- Rubella Virus-Containing Vaccines – MMR, MR, R
- Measles Virus-Containing Vaccines – MMR, MR, M
- Polio Live Virus Vaccines – OPV
- Hepatitis B Antigen-Containing Vaccines
- Haemophilus Influenzae – Type B Polysaccharide Conjugate Vaccines
- Varicella Vaccine – Chickenpox Virus Vaccine
- Rotavirus Vaccine
- Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccines
- Hepatitis A Vaccines
- Meningococcal Vaccines – Meningococcal Polysaccharide Vaccine (MPSV4), Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccine (MCV4)
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Vaccines
- Polio Inactivated Virus – IPV
Download Our Guide to the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program
- Learn how the vaccine injury attorneys can help you
- Find out who is eligible to file a claim
- What vaccines are covered
- How to choose a vaccine injury lawyer
- Medical records needed
This page was last updated on:
Find out right now if you have a vaccine injury claim
Your Case Review is Free. Don’t Wait to Get Help Because There is a Deadline.
COVID-19 Vaccines are NOT Eligible
As an experienced leader in these types of lawsuits, we were confident the firm would have the expertise. However, what surprised us most was the high level of excellent customer service from the firm’s staff!Pat R.
I can’t recommend this firm enough. They have an outstanding team that truly care for their clients…I have been awarded a fair six figure settlement.Nate M.
When I say “they went to bat” for me…this Law Firm literally did just that. They persevered to bring the hard-nosed Manufacturer to settle and provide me some recompense for everything I had to endure which led to this suit.Me’Chelle