Did You get Guillain-Barré Syndrome from a Vaccine in California?
We can help if you got Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS) from a vaccine in California. There’s a federal program called the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP) that pays people with severe vaccine reactions. There are a few steps to follow in order to file a claim in the VICP.
- First, it’s important to hire an experienced attorney who practices in the Court of Federal Claims.
- The vaccine injury attorneys at mctlaw file your claim and submit all evidence to the court, including expert medical witnesses reports and comprehensive medical records.
- Our team represents you throughout the process and advocates for you. We consult with your doctors and outside medical experts to give your case the best chance of a settlement.
IMPORTANT: COVID-19 Vaccine Injury Info
What Types of Vaccines are Linked to Guillain-Barré Syndrome?
The flu shot and the HPV vaccine are the shots most commonly connected to GBS. According to The Journal of the American Medical Association, GBS is the most common neurological disease people get after the influenza shot.
In 88% of our cases, the flu shot is the vaccine reported prior to getting GBS. Studies show that in 70% of cases of GBS after the HPV vaccine symptoms show up within six weeks. GBS has also been linked to MMR, Tetanus, and other vaccines.
Find Out Right Now if You Have a Vaccine Injury Claim
Your case review is free. If we file your claim, you pay absolutely NO legal fees.
What Should I do After Getting GBS from a Vaccine?
If you got GBS from a vaccine, there are a few things that you should consider doing:
- First, hire an attorney who is licensed to practice in the Vaccine Court in the United States Court of Federal Claims. Find out why you should not retain a local personal injury lawyer.
- Get a copy of your vaccine administration record from your healthcare provider. This record shows what vaccine you got and the date you got the vaccine.
- Get a copy of your first doctor’s appointment for your vaccine reaction.
- Contact us to review these important documents so our vaccine injury team can review your case at no cost to you.
Our vaccine injury attorneys file your case and submit evidence to the court to show the relationship between your GBS and the vaccine you got. We consult with expert medical witnesses throughout the process and advocate on your behalf.
California Guillain-Barré Syndrome Outcomes
The vaccine injury lawyers at Mctlaw have won over $85 million for our clients who got Guillain-Barré Syndrome after a vaccine. Our dedicated team works tirelessly to get compensation for your vaccine injury.
- The lawyers at mctlaw have represented clients in all fifty states for nearly twenty-five years.
- We won the highest single financial award in the history of the vaccine program for one of our clients.
- View over 700 of vaccine injury case results
Am I Eligible to File a Claim in the VICP?
In California, there are several requirements to file a claim with the VICP. The requirements include:
- The vaccine must be one covered by the VICP
- The claim must be filed before the VICP’s eligibility deadline.
- The effects of the injury must last for more than 6 months after receiving the vaccine, or
- Result in a hospital stay and surgery, or
- Result in death.
Our team of vaccine injury attorneys will review your case if you believe you are eligible to file a claim. If we represent you, there are no legal costs to you. The court pays for our legal fees.
Download Our Guide to the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program
- Learn how the vaccine injury attorneys can help you
- Find out who is eligible to file a claim
- What vaccines are covered
- How to choose a vaccine injury lawyer
- Medical records needed
Content Reviewed by Diana Stadelnikas – Vaccine Injury Lawyer
Diana L. Stadelnikas is a lawyer who represents vaccine injury clients and families across the United States. She is admitted to the Florida Bar and is a member of the bar of the United States Court of Federal Claims in Washington, DC. Ms. Stadelnikas has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing. Diana was part of a pioneering team of pediatric surgical nurses at West Virginia University Medical Center.
This page was last updated on:
Find out right now if you have a vaccine injury claim
Your Case Review is Free. Don’t Wait to Get Help Because There is a Deadline.
COVID-19 Vaccines are NOT Eligible
As an experienced leader in these types of lawsuits, we were confident the firm would have the expertise. However, what surprised us most was the high level of excellent customer service from the firm’s staff!Pat R.
I can’t recommend this firm enough. They have an outstanding team that truly care for their clients…I have been awarded a fair six figure settlement.Nate M.
When I say “they went to bat” for me…this Law Firm literally did just that. They persevered to bring the hard-nosed Manufacturer to settle and provide me some recompense for everything I had to endure which led to this suit.Me’Chelle