Did You get Guillain-Barré Syndrome After a Vaccine in Pennsylvania?
Help is available if you got Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS) after receiving a vaccine or flu shot in Pennsylvania. GBS is a serious illness, but there is a government program to help people with severe vaccine reactions. The program is called the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP). The basic process to file a VICP claim for your vaccine injury in Pennsylvania is:
- Hire an attorney who is licensed to practice in the Vaccine Court.
- The vaccine injury attorneys at mctlaw file your claim and submit all evidence to the court, including expert medical witnesses reports and comprehensive medical records.
- Our team represents you throughout the process and advocates for you. We consult with your doctors and outside medical experts to give your case the best chance of a settlement.
IMPORTANT: COVID-19 Vaccine Injury Info
Guillain-Barré Syndrome and Vaccines
The flu vaccine is most commonly linked to Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS) according to the Journal of the American Medical Association. 88% of GBS cases that our legal team has represented were associated with getting a flu shot. Studies indicate that approximately 70% of HPV vaccine recipients who developed GBS symptoms did so within six weeks of vaccination. Other immunizations, such as MMR and Tetanus, have also been linked to GBS in some cases.
Find Out Right Now if You Have a Vaccine Injury Claim
Your case review is free. If we file your claim, you pay absolutely NO legal fees.
Steps to Take if You Got GBS After a Vaccine
There are a few basic steps to take if you’ve been diagnosed with Guillain-Barré Syndrome after getting a vaccine or the flu shot:
- To file a vaccine injury claim, the first step is to hire an attorney licensed in the Vaccine Court of the United States Court of Federal Claims. Find out why you should not hire a Pennsylvania personal injury lawyer.
- Get your vaccine administration record from your healthcare provider. This will help verify which vaccine you received and when it was administered.
- Finally, obtain a copy of your doctor’s records for your first visit concerning your vaccine injury.
The attorneys at mctlaw are here to help you through every step of the process of filing a claim for GBS related to a flu shot. We will submit all relevant evidence, including medical records and expert witness testimony, and advocate on your behalf throughout the course of your case. Our goal is to ensure that you get the compensation you deserve.
Pennsylvania Guillain-Barré Syndrome Outcomes
The experienced vaccine injury attorneys at mctlaw have won over $85 million for our clients who got Guillain-Barré Syndrome after a vaccine. Our dedicated vaccine injury team works on your behalf to get compensation for your vaccine injury.
- The lawyers at mctlaw have represented clients in all fifty states for nearly twenty-five years.
- We won the highest single financial award in the history of the vaccine program for one of our clients.
- View over 700 of vaccine injury case results
How Do I File a Claim in the VICP in Pennsylvania?
In Pennsylvania, there are a few requirements for you to file a VICP claim. The requirements include:
- The vaccine must be one covered by the VICP
- The claim must be filed before the VICP’s eligibility deadline.
- The effects of the injury must last for more than 6 months after receiving the vaccine, or
- Result in a hospital stay and surgery, or
- Result in death.
Our team of attorneys will review your case if you believe you’re eligible to file a claim. If we represent you, there will be no cost to you for our representation. You will keep 100% of any award from the VICP.
Download Our Guide to the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program
- Learn how the vaccine injury attorneys can help you
- Find out who is eligible to file a claim
- What vaccines are covered
- How to choose a vaccine injury lawyer
- Medical records needed
Content Reviewed by Diana Stadelnikas – Vaccine Injury Lawyer
Diana L. Stadelnikas is a lawyer who represents vaccine injury clients and families across the United States. She is admitted to the Florida Bar and is a member of the bar of the United States Court of Federal Claims in Washington, DC. Ms. Stadelnikas has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing. Diana was part of a pioneering team of pediatric surgical nurses at West Virginia University Medical Center.
This page was last updated on:
Find out right now if you have a vaccine injury claim
Your Case Review is Free. Don’t Wait to Get Help Because There is a Deadline.
COVID-19 Vaccines are NOT Eligible
As an experienced leader in these types of lawsuits, we were confident the firm would have the expertise. However, what surprised us most was the high level of excellent customer service from the firm’s staff!Pat R.
I can’t recommend this firm enough. They have an outstanding team that truly care for their clients…I have been awarded a fair six figure settlement.Nate M.
When I say “they went to bat” for me…this Law Firm literally did just that. They persevered to bring the hard-nosed Manufacturer to settle and provide me some recompense for everything I had to endure which led to this suit.Me’Chelle