Laura Bauman adds a variety of litigation experience to mctlaw. Her practice focuses on commercial litigation matters with extensive experience in complex civil litigation, including contract disputes, title defects, lien foreclosures and priority contests, and governance issues involving associations and private social clubs. She also helps the firm represent Indian tribes in federal court litigation. Earlier in her career, Ms. Bauman advised clients in transactional matters, which gives her a distinctive perspective when advising clients after a transaction has turned into a dispute.
A native of Sarasota, Ms. Bauman has served on the Sarasota County Bar Association’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee and participated in the Florida Land Title Association Claims Roundtable and the American Land Title Association’s Claims Counsel Committee. She has served on the Boards of Directors for the Child Protection Center and Early Learning Coalition. Ms. Bauman is past president of the Sarasota Seminole Club, and earned both her J.D. and B.A. from Florida State University.
- Bachelor of Arts, Florida State University
- Juris Doctor, Florida State University School of Law
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- Sarasota County Bar Association Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Florida Land Title Association CLaims Roundtable
- American Land Title Association’s Claims Counsel Committee
- Child Protection Center, Board of Directors
- Early Learning Coalition, Board of Directors
- Sarasota Seminole Club, Past President