Zimmer Durom Hip Recall
Loose Zimmer Durom Hip Replacements
On August 11, 2008, attorneys at Maglio Christopher & Toale, P.A. filed the first lawsuit in the United States against Zimmer, Inc. over the defective Durom Metasul hip cups.
We’ve helped clients across the United States get compensation for their failed Zimmer Metasul Durom hip cups. In fact, Maglio Christopher & Toale, PA charges you no legal fees and no expenses unless the outcome of your case is successful. If you don’t recover money, then there is no cost to you for our legal services.
What to do if you Have a Zimmer Durom Hip Replacement
- Contact a medical product liability attorney BEFORE you have any further surgery to repair the problems with your Durom cup.
- DO NOT sign Zimmer’s release of liability forms. This likely means that in the future you cannot sue Zimmer for your injuries. If you sign such a release, you are giving away your rights and may subject yourself to a suit by your health insurer, Medicare, or Medicaid.
- If you have a Zimmer Durom hip cup implanted in your body and you are experiencing problems, you need to consult with an experienced medical product liability attorney immediately.
- You can submit your case for evaluation to Maglio Christopher & Toale, P.A. by filling out the contact form on the right side of this page.
- There are several additional pre-revision-surgery steps that our law firm asks clients to take that we believe will be beneficial to their cases.
Information we Need to Review your Defective Durom Hip Case
- The orthopedic surgeon’s office chart
- The operative reports for the original joint replacement surgery and the revision surgery
- The device record for the original surgery from the hospital chart (this shows the product and lot numbers of the components of the device).
We like to have the parts of the Zimmer Durom hip system that were removed from your body during revision surgery. It is essential that you get possession of any removed components as soon as possible as these can be used as evidence.
There are Several Zimmer Hip Replacement Products. Which one is Defective?
There is confusion among patients and attorneys about which Zimmer product is part of the defect litigation. It’s important that your attorney understands the difference between these hip replacement systems.
Zimmer Durom Hip Resurfacing System
This system was almost never sold in the U.S. because the FDA did not approve it for use in hip resurfacing. These systems are rarely the failed Zimmer Durom hip replacement cups that we see in the United States.
Zimmer Durom Hip Cup, Head, and Neck Adapter
This is the hip replacement system that was pulled from the U.S. market by Zimmer, Inc. Sales were suspended in July 2008.