WRIGHT MEDICAL CONSERVE HIP SETTLEMENT
1,292 patients with Wright Medical Conserve hips can expect to receive a cash settlement. On November 1, 2016 the Wright Medical Group announced a $240 million dollar settlement agreement for specific cases involving the Conserve, Dynasty, or Lineage metal on metal hip replacements. There is no base award amount specified and not ALL patients are covered by this settlement.
Who is Eligible for the Settlement?
- You must have a currently pending or tolled case in the U.S. Multi-District Litigation No. 2329 (MDL), or in California’s Judicial Council Coordination Proceeding No. 4710 (JCCP).
- You had revision surgery within 8 years of the original implantation.
- Your claim does not have a statute of limitation issue.
- If BOTH hips were revised, they will count as 2 separate claims.
- 95% of the patients filing these claims MUST agree to this settlement, otherwise, settlement payments will NOT happen.
What if You Don’t Qualify for the Settlement?
As of September 2016, the company estimates that there are about 600 claims that DO NOT qualify and another 700 claims NOT eligible because they have NOT undergone revision surgery yet.