The family of 39-year-old Patrick Coyne, from Castle Rock, WA, filed a wrongful death lawsuit alleging he died from taking Kratom Divine products. The complaint alleges Coyne, a husband and father of 3, was found dead in his recliner after drinking Kratom Divine’s Maeng Da tea. The complaint describes how his wife and father-in-law spent 15 minutes trying to revive him before paramedics arrived, but it was too late. The lawsuit alleges the kratom tea led to the death of Patrick Coyne.
FIRST KRATOM LAWSUIT IN WASHINGTON STATE
Widow Sibyl Coyne filed a lawsuit against Wendianne and Jeff Rook, owners of Kratom Divine alleging their company made and marketed the kratom tea that led to Patrick Coyne’s death. The complaint alleges the Rooks sold kratom products with no warning labels about the risks of overdose or death; lied about the safety of kratom; and made false and deceptive statements about the medical benefits of their kratom pills, teas and products. This is the first Kratom related wrongful death lawsuit filed in Washington state.
VIDEO PRESS CONFERENCE
On Friday, January 8th at 8am PST/11am EST Sybil Coyne and her attorneys Talis Abolins and Michael Cowgill of mctlaw will hold a video press conference to discuss the lawsuit. Access the press conference via Zoom at this link: https://mctlaw.zoom.us/j/99040962377?pwd=Z09QVDZxcVdZVCtadXE5Q1RmWDR4Zz09
Mctlaw is a national trial law firm with offices in Seattle, WA; Sarasota, FL; and Washington, D.C. For questions about kratom litigation across the United States, contact attorney Michael Cowgill or attorney Talis Abolins at 888.952.5242. You can find more information about kratom litigation at https://www.mctlaw.com/medical-product-liability/kratom-lawsuits/